Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back in the swing of things

 I haven't posted since November but I am back.  Does anyone even read this blog? Ha!

Last night my honey was gone watching the Laker game (we won, yay!!!!) and so I threw together a hodge-podge of yummies that would stay fresh and be easy to warm up when he got home.  One of my favorite "quick" meals is artichoke chickpea "salad/stir-fry" from the Vegan Yum Yum cookbook.  It is super easy, fast and packed full of flavor even though there are minimal ingredients.  Along with the artichoke/chickpea salad, I made some collard greens.  We eat greens a few different ways, but our favorite seems to be greens with green chilies which is an Ethiopian recipe I ran across awhile ago.  So good!  I also roasted up some root veggies---potatoes, turnips, rutabagas, carrots, parsnip.  Such a great mash-up of flavor!

I missed blogging more than I realized so hopefully I will be able to keep it up this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment